One weekend my kids were raving for the chicken adobo ulam they love. Because of their clamor the more I wanted to impress them. So viola, I cooked a super special adobo with a PUNCH.
1 Kilo adobo cut chicken
6 medium size calamansi, squeezed and separate the seeds
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
2 1/2 tbsps oyster sauce
2 garlic gloves crushed and minced
2 red onion bulbs sliced
pinch of ground pepper
7 asparagus stalks cut diagonally into halves
- Rub the chicken with small amount of rock salt then wash. This will remove the lansa
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic until the color is light brown.
- Put the onions, add the chicken and calamansi juice. Sauté until chicken meat is slightly cooked.
- Add the soy sauce and pinch of ground pepper. Cover and simmer in medium heat for 1 minute. Add water mix, cover, and simmer in medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, mix and let it simmer in low heat for 3 minutes. Occasionally check the chicken if meat very already tender. An indication that this dish is done when the sauce has become oily.
- If sauce is already oily add the asparagus then cover for 1 minute.